Wide variety of system configurations and accessories
To keep both downtime and costs to a minimum during service and maintenance, the PSS 7000 incorporates a number of unique design features:
- Dräger’s innovative “slide and lock” harness mechanism facilitates fast and simple harness and waist pad connection/removal from the backplate without the need for tools.
- The first stage reducer snap fit connection allows the pneumatics to be fitted or removed quickly and easily from the SCBA.
- Push in and out” hose clips allow rapid removal of hoses from the harness pads for cleaning without the need to remove the clip itself.
- Closed, single piece harness and waist pad design to prevent excessive water absorption, reducing cleaning and drying time.
Dräger has revolutionized the use of breathing systems by creating a range of optional components that can be selected in combination to meet the fire fighter’s specific needs regardless of the task. In addition to the standard features of the PSS 7000, it is also possible to add:
- Dräger Bodyguard 7000 electronic monitoring system
- Twin cylinder configuration
- Quick-Connect (QC) cylinder connection
- Chargair quick filling
- Secondary supply connections for rescue, decontamination and/or airline use
- PSS Merlin Modem for telemetry applications
- PSS Rescue Hood
- and many more…
The Dräger Quick-Connect is a revolutionary, fast-action cylinder exchange system which features a dual mechanical and pressure seal safety mechanism designed to prevent accidental cylinder disconnect from the SCBA.
- The pressure seal locks the cylinder to the SCBA while the system is pressurized.
- The mechanical seal requires a dual action, twisting push motion to remove the cylinder from the reducer.
With Quick-Connect, a cylinder can be securely attached to the reducer with a simple push down action. Exchange times can be reduced from minutes to seconds which can make all the difference in an emergency situation. The danger of cross threading or thread stripping is eliminated, and workshop maintenance is greatly facilitated.