CAT & Genny Cable Avoidance Safety Training
The aim of cable avoidance tools (C.A.T & Genny) training is to provide both site operatives and construction supervisors with the skills and knowledge to effectively and safely carry out cable avoidance work.
Who Should Attend?
CAL Services Cable Avoidance & Location training programme is purposely designed for supervisors and any operatives who are assigned the resonsibility of locating or avoiding underground utilities in construction, repair or maintenance work on any roadways and highways in the UK.
We cover all ranges of CAT & Genny including:
- Leica Ezicats
- Vivax vScan
You are welcome to bring your own equipment on the day which can be checked and calibrated while undertaking the course (extra cost invloved)
- Basic working principles of location and avoidance of installed underground services. Hazard identification procedures and the key risks associated with these.
- Theory and understanding of how cable location equipment works.
- Practical and safe use of equipment.
Successful completion of our CAT & Genny training course will allow candidates to:
- Identify potential risks to both themselves and others.
- Understand the principles of how cable locators work
- Operate cable avoidance tools safely and effectively, in order to locate and/or avoid existing underground services.
CAT & Genny Training Course Duration
Half Day - 8 Candidates
Full Day - 16 Candidates ( Split Morning & Afternoon )
Smaller groups can be catered for.
Courses are held on a monthly basis on location at CAL Services.
On site courses can be arranged at an additional cost.
For more information and prices please contact us on 01934 424467 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pipe & Cable Locators
- Gas Monitors
- Confined Space Equipment
- Site Survey Equipment
- CCTV Drain Inspection
- GPR Mapping Systems
- Metal Detection
- Generators, Pumps, Heaters
- Cutting Tools
- Lighting Solutions
- Thermal Imaging & Inspection Cameras
- Measuring Devices